It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:51 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Resurrection Day ideas.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:26 pm 

I came across this and tho't it was pretty cute. Might do this with the Littles. :)
http://ohamanda.com/2011/04/03/resurrec ... -for-kids/

Post subject: Re: Resurrection Day ideas.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:17 pm 

That IS lovely! (And, WE have another month to plan ; )

I'm hoping to make Resurrection Eggs with our kids' group at Church. My turn to teach since the regular teacher is expecting : )

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:24 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:

I'm hoping to make Resurrection Eggs with our kids' group at Church. My turn to teach since the regular teacher is expecting : )

I will say, I really like this - having another month after easter! I'm going to see what I can find on SALE this week!!! :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:25 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:

I think that's what they did in our sunday school class today. Dgs said they did an egg hunt and it had to do with the Risen movie we saw. :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:39 am 

Sis wrote:
Anna1111 wrote:

I think that's what they did in our sunday school class today. Dgs said they did an egg hunt and it had to do with the Risen movie we saw. :)

That sounds great! DD is super excited about us making Resurrection eggs! She has wanted to buy some for a while (they're ONLY $20 Mom!) Yesterday, she SUGGESTED to her generous Godmother (aka the "Fairy Godmother") that she put Resurrection egg fillings in for an Egg hunt instead of the traditional treats! :o :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:43 am 

Sis wrote:
Anna1111 wrote:

I will say, I really like this - having another month after easter! I'm going to see what I can find on SALE this week!!! :)

Yeah - we have an Orthodox Priest acquaintance who was new to his town, which had very few Orthodox people. The local newspaper came to interview him to "inform the community" about the Orthodox Church. When the article finally ran, the ONLY thing it quoted was his joke about 1/2 price Easter candy. :x

But, I DO enjoy the "after" Easter clearance sales -were going today! : )

Are you celebrating on the date of the Jewish Pesach this year? I see that it's also kinda late this year.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:14 am 

Anna1111 wrote:
Sis wrote:
Anna1111 wrote:

Yeah - we have an Orthodox Priest acquaintance who was new to his town, which had very few Orthodox people. The local newspaper came to interview him to "inform the community" about the Orthodox Church. When the article finally ran, the ONLY thing it quoted was his joke about 1/2 price Easter candy. :x

But, I DO enjoy the "after" Easter clearance sales -were going today! : )

Are you celebrating on the date of the Jewish Pesach this year? I see that it's also kinda late this year.

We will be doing our Resurrection Day/Feast of Firstfruits Apr 24. I'd like to do a seder, or go to a seder on te Jewish Pesach. It seems to seldom work out. It's kind of hard when I am the "driver" of this vehicle. ;-) Dh is fully onboard but, like most holidays, the specifics are left to the woman of the house. Do you find that to be true?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:41 am 

Our holidays, generally speaking ARE Church. So, I guess you could say that God & the Priest handle the specifics ; )

But, DH is our Social Secretary. When people ask me about our plans, I refer them to DH. If we're hosting a meal, I plan the food : )

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:28 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:
Our holidays, generally speaking ARE Church. So, I guess you could say that God & the Priest handle the specifics ; )

But, DH is our Social Secretary. When people ask me about our plans, I refer them to DH. If we're hosting a meal, I plan the food : )

What about decorating at home for holidays? Cakes for birthdays. Any of that type of thing? It seems most holidays revolve around food so maybe that's how moms get roped into making it all happen. ?? Then again, they are usually the present-buyers, too!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:53 pm 

Here's one with a printable set that you glue to cardboard tubes - like a nativity set but for the Resurrection! :) http://www.catholicicing.com/religious- ... kids-make/