It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:10 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: So excited about our new Bible study!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:23 pm 

Next month, our church is starting a new Bible study that is going to permeate and unite the church. It is called The Gospel Project. It is a 3 year program and it focuses on how Christ is revealed through scripture from Genesis to Revelation. the pastor said that Sunday school, small groups, and the sermon will all tie together with this curriculum in one way or another. The things I love about this are:

1.) I have be very interested for awhile now in how OT events, customs, laws, prophecies, stories, etc. all point to Christ. When I found out about how Passover, unleavened bread, the lamb, etc. were all foreshadowing of Christ and had a purpose and weren't just done "because God said so", it was like a whole new dimension opened up for me and I was in awe of God and His perfect plans. So, I am so excited to be doing a 3 year program that will look at all of this.

2.) I love that all the Sunday school groups will be doing the same curriculum. I love that my kids will be learning the same thing as me at the same time as me, but adapted to their level of understanding. I think it will enrich our conversations a lot. I have recently read somewhere else that kids are learning all the OT stories, but they're not seeing the relevance to them. They're not seeing how Christ fits into it all. I love that my kids will be getting some real depth.

There is a website for the curriculum and the more I read about it, the more excited I get. I read a sample of the kids curriculum and it shows Christ's hand and presence in the creation of the World. I love that because most adults don't think about that, let alone kids. At one point, my ds thought that Jesus didn't even exist until He was born here on Earth. This will be fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ndO9RHyvI

Post subject: Re: So excited about our new Bible study!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:55 pm 

Sounds like a wonderful new program! I like that the programs are all synchronized, too - sounds great : )

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:21 pm 

Yes it does sound like a wonderful program. I like that your kids will be learning along the same lines as you as well! God Bless!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:35 pm 

That sounds GREAT, Lisa. I would be excited, too!

I can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens me. (Phil. 4:13)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:40 pm 

It sounds great, but even more that you are excited to be in His Word and study it. I hope you get a lot out of it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:00 pm 

Sounds wonderful, something all churches should be doing all the time.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26