It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:19 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Leadership qualifications
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:38 pm 

I shouldn't be surprised. Maybe I'm not surprised as much as I am appalled. I just read an article that a retired pastor wrote in response to a query he received from another pastor. The question was about people in leadership, specifically praise and worship singers/band, practicing s*x outside of marriage. Is it wrong? They said they never read scripture that said it was wrong.

Huh :?: Isn't that a no-brainer? The pastor said he had taught on it, too. The scripture he used did not "directly" state it was wrong. Again, Huh :?:

We are obviously living in a new era. Young people these days really don't understand the "puritanical" understanding that *I* had as a child of the SIXTIES!!! :roll:

Post subject: Re: Leadership qualifications
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:34 pm 

Must be they never read Scripture. Period.

Matthew 19:4-5
4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’ 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’...

What dh and I are seeing is not just a lack of Bible reading and Bible knowledge but more like a total disregard for the word of God. "Afterall we evolved from monkeys, God didn't really create an Adam and Eve." I heard that from a 13 year old who was filled with the 'wisdom' of the world.

I would love to create groups for boys and girls, think scouts, but focused on the word of God, called Daughters of Eve and Sons of Adam. The goal to dispel the evil of 'worldly' knowledge and substitute the knowledge of God.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:56 am 

Briva wrote:
Must be they never read Scripture. Period.

Matthew 19:4-5
4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’ 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’...

What dh and I are seeing is not just a lack of Bible reading and Bible knowledge but more like a total disregard for the word of God. "Afterall we evolved from monkeys, God didn't really create an Adam and Eve." I heard that from a 13 year old who was filled with the 'wisdom' of the world.

I would love to create groups for boys and girls, think scouts, but focused on the word of God, called Daughters of Eve and Sons of Adam. The goal to dispel the evil of 'worldly' knowledge and substitute the knowledge of God.

It seems unbelievable but today's younger people don't seem to *hear* truth any more. It's like they hear the words thru some kind of filter that doesn't let truth in. It's too weird. I don't think we fully realize the extent to which kids are brainwashed.

I think it was Ken Ham that did a teaching on why youth are not "getting it". I need to look it up to refresh my memory before trying to say what he taught, tho'.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:36 pm 

Yep, we have that book he wrote about, Already Gone
http://www.amazon.com/Already-Gone-your ... ready+gone

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:24 am 

Briva wrote:
Yep, we have that book he wrote about, Already Gone
http://www.amazon.com/Already-Gone-your ... ready+gone

What is your take on the book?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:08 am 

Dh promotes it in his creation science seminars. It shows our kids no longer believe in God, the Bible, etc long before they head to college. Middle school age kids I've met are there now. I believe Jay Wile And Ken Ham are heroes of the faith for promoting creation science to the earlier grades and preschool levels. These kids have to fight the school system and society early on to defend their faith, or they will be lost in the lies.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:00 pm 

Briva wrote:
Dh promotes it in his creation science seminars. It shows our kids no longer believe in God, the Bible, etc long before they head to college. Middle school age kids I've met are there now. I believe Jay Wile And Ken Ham are heroes of the faith for promoting creation science to the earlier grades and preschool levels. These kids have to fight the school system and society early on to defend their faith, or they will be lost in the lies.

I think it's a little more than that. Or maybe not. Maybe I'm a strange one. I did attend Christian schools from K thru 2nd grade but I don't remember learning any science. We began attending church when I was 8, or maybe 9. By 11 I was reading the Bible on my own. My parents never discussed the Bible with me that I can remember. Yet, in jr hi biology I found their premises to be faulty. I didn't know about the faked "discoveries" or anything and i don't remember even thinking "this doesn't line up with God's word". It just did not make (common) sense. Maybe there was an inkling in my mind that it wasn't how i'd been taught in church or what i read in the Bible but my mind said.... can't we do better than THIS? LOL

Biology teachers, even in MY day, scoffed at the Bible and creation. In class, Christians were open to ridicule. The difference I see today is that society in general has turned from God. The majority of people, outside my circle, seem to ridicule anything relating to God or the Bible. And, in our society, majority rules. It's the old "if everybody else does it" thing.

So, 1st we need to teach the truth but closely followed by learning to stand your ground and not be swayed by public opinion. How to do that?

P.S. Listening to people "debunk" Ken Ham you can tell that they do not have ears to hear. What can we do to give our children ears to hear?