It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:32 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Mom
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:30 pm 

Gulp. My mom is visiting my sister for Christmas. I just got an email from her saying my sister told her to tell me I need to get a room ready for her because she's not welcome there. Mom said this will probably be her last trip to see my sister. They don't get along and my sister is always telling mom she's a liar (and she tells me that, too).

She moved herself to the place she is because her bff was there but that is no longer the case and the place was bo't out and is going downhill. She has no one around. :( We tho't her moving to my sister's town would be the answer because my sis and her kids are the ones that have "been there", the "grown up" in the family, you know.

Mom doesn't want to live WITH anybody but is asking me about homes for the elderly around here. $$$ I would rather her live here but with some house modifications. Our downstairs is practically an apartment of its own BUT it is a "daylight" basement and doesn't get the light so much. She would have a bathroom, sitting room and large bedroom to herself down there. But, stairs would be an issue. I'm sure we could work something out if dh would agree to it.

There are two younger boys, too. I don't think mom would live with the older one and I don't know if she'd get along with the younger one's wife. LOL They would be the most capable, physically and financially, to have her near them but there's not been a word said of her ever living with or near them.

SO, my dilemma is, could the Lord be leading this way?!!! :shock: Do I just have time to get my house organized before someone lives with us again? sigh It would be a chance to minister to mom and we might even see her come to salvation in Christ! Is that worth more months/years of discomfort and inconvenience? Could dh and mom get along? She brings out the worst in him but they could get over that. He's not really the way she perceives him to be but he plays into that to get under her skin - he's a little ornery. :roll:

From her side, she'd be around more family and more weather and miss her ocean terribly. I've never lived with her or around her and I can't imagine how it would be but we're very similar in many ways.

I'm scared, I guess! :?