It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:19 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: God's Surprising Provision
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:56 am 

So, a few days ago, we went to our local fire dept open house. It is a legal requirement to do fire safety education in our state. AND DD loves the open house - it's great fun. This year, she was talking to one of the firemen about the fact that she has a second floor bedroom, and what would she do in a fire?

He recommended one of those ladders that you can hook on the window ledge and throw down to climb to safety. She told me about it, and I started researching them online - they're pretty reasonably priced, but the cheapest I found was 30 something, and the most expensive over 100. So, I procrastinated the decision - not because it was unaffordable, but because I just hesitate to spend that much in general.

The VERY NEXT DAY, we went to the thrift store, and almost as soon as we walked in -in very clear view - was *exactly* what we were looking for - for $2.99! Never before have I seen one of those at a thrift store (in fact, I'm not sure I've ever seen one in a store at all!) and - there it was- right in the middle of our path!

Now, I've seen God provide for us before when we were in dire need, when we prayed about it, and sometimes even when I was just frustrated (as in the case of Parking places : ). But THIS seemed an over-the-top, above and beyond sort of provision :D

Post subject: Re: God's Surprising Provision
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:21 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:
So, a few days ago, we went to our local fire dept open house. It is a legal requirement to do fire safety education in our state. AND DD loves the open house - it's great fun. This year, she was talking to one of the firemen about the fact that she has a second floor bedroom, and what would she do in a fire?

He recommended one of those ladders that you can hook on the window ledge and throw down to climb to safety. She told me about it, and I started researching them online - they're pretty reasonably priced, but the cheapest I found was 30 something, and the most expensive over 100. So, I procrastinated the decision - not because it was unaffordable, but because I just hesitate to spend that much in general.

The VERY NEXT DAY, we went to the thrift store, and almost as soon as we walked in -in very clear view - was *exactly* what we were looking for - for $2.99! Never before have I seen one of those at a thrift store (in fact, I'm not sure I've ever seen one in a store at all!) and - there it was- right in the middle of our path!

Now, I've seen God provide for us before when we were in dire need, when we prayed about it, and sometimes even when I was just frustrated (as in the case of Parking places : ). But THIS seemed an over-the-top, above and beyond sort of provision :D

LOL That is AWESOME!!!