It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:07 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Feeling old, I guess.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:30 am 

Ugh. Spent yesterday running to town with Bro. Ended up eating out and it was $40 – and we SHARED! :? (That was with tip.) Got a decently cooked steak, for once, with parmesan and shrimp on top, veggies and loaded baked potato. The steak was $15 but to add the parmesan and shrimp was an extra $4. It was *called* the Parmesan Shrimp Steak – does that not imply the parmesan and shrimp come with the steak? Nowhere did it say you could “add” it, the waitress didn’t say that, and to put the “loaded” on the potato was another $2. Do you normally pay extra for loaded? I guess I haven’t had a potato in a restaurant for a very long time. sigh We added shooters for dessert and dh had a pop so that was all another $10, plus tax came to $33. Dh was in a “mood” and ended up talking to the manager about the “false advertising”. He remained calm and ready to be educated if he was wrong but when the manager saw that the check rang up the amount of the steak wrong – even from the menu itemized, he started to work with us. The waitress was flustered. She brought out 4 or 5 strips of bacon for our dog. He was happy. They did give us a couple dollars off, too.

We had been talking about how things are changing, and we are out of step. Dh’s shaving soap isn’t sold at walmart any more, my roll on deoderant isn’t sold anywhere around here any more, material shops are catering to quilters more than sewers of clothes, you can’t find a stationery store, ... I was even thinking about the “forever stamps” – they probably won’t be “forever” for long. sigh Obama is working hard to get our guns, gay is “right”, praying in public is “wrong”. It’s “right” to kill unborn babies and smoke dope and hang on welfare all your life. It’s “wrong” for McDonald’s and Walmart to pay minimum wage. The cost of college is way out of line and you come out dumber than ever.

A muslim kid that makes a bomb-lookalike “clock” and takes it to school is invited to the White House but the guy that got shot 7 times going after the Oregon shooter is ignored. President wants to give nukes to Iran but wants to take OUR guns away?

The more "enlightened" and "open" we are the more our brains are falling out!

Ok, I'm done. :) Have a nice day.

Post subject: Re: Feeling old, I guess.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:12 am 

Yeah.

You and the Prophet Jeremiah. Both "Old"

The Children of Israel dancing around the Golden Calf? "Modern"

Give me "Old" any day : )