It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:14 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: I'd appreciate some prayer from my prayer warrior sisters
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:59 pm 

thanks ladies! Big hugs

Post subject: Re: I'd appreciate some prayer from my prayer warrior sister
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:49 pm 

Praying right now, hon!!! Feel free to call me if you need to.
I'm up.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:16 pm 

(((Jenleigh)))
Praying for you!

I can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens me. (Phil. 4:13)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:24 pm 

I'm praying.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:28 pm 

Thank-ya'll! Pray that the Lord open a door for us. We know that Tony was called to preach and two of my daughters have been called into missions. I feel the Lord leading me to love, to serve. I want to be in His will. We are visiting churches here and there but not faithfully every Sunday and to this point we are turned more and more away. With Sky coming back from Africa, hearing her stories of how they had to pray for things we take for granted and hearing the healings-the glorious miraculous healings that took place I know now more than ever that I am NOT where I want to be with God. I want more of Him but feel in such a cold place. Thanks for praying. I love ya'll. Especially the 3 of you. You've always been there for me. Big cyber hugs.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:38 pm 

{{{{{{{{{{{{Jen}}}}}}}}}}},
God IS shaking up His church and he is rattling your cage to draw you closer to Him.
Put your ear to the ground...crawl in Daddy God's lap and
let Him speak to your heart...
If you can fast and pray, perhaps consider that. That always helps me get things into perspective after I've had a dry spell...

Love you, my sister, and if you need to pray about anything over the phone. I have free minutes Sat and Sun on my cell and would be honored to pray with you.
<3
clw

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:24 pm 

Hope I'm not being too presumptuous, but from what you're describing in several posts, it sounds like you're having a similar experience to what I once had. I found this book very helpful at that time http://www.amazon.com/Ordering-Your-Pri ... vate+world

The author has had his own share of struggles with sin since writing it, but that doesn't change the fact that the book really helped me. Hope it helps you, too.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:27 pm 

Jenileigh wrote:
Thank-ya'll! Pray that the Lord open a door for us. We know that Tony was called to preach and two of my daughters have been called into missions. I feel the Lord leading me to love, to serve. I want to be in His will. We are visiting churches here and there but not faithfully every Sunday and to this point we are turned more and more away. With Sky coming back from Africa, hearing her stories of how they had to pray for things we take for granted and hearing the healings-the glorious miraculous healings that took place I know now more than ever that I am NOT where I want to be with God. I want more of Him but feel in such a cold place. Thanks for praying. I love ya'll. Especially the 3 of you. You've always been there for me. Big cyber hugs.

(((Jenleigh))) I have been there many times myself. And in fact, I'm still working on it right now!! I have found that those dry, barren, desert places in my life, end up being some of the most meaningful times, where God really reaches and teaches to me. "Draw nigh to God and He will draw nigh to you." And listen for that "still small voice."

God is ALWAYS at work - even when we don't realize it.

I can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens me. (Phil. 4:13)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:38 pm 

Amen to what Laurajean said!!
(((Jenileigh)))

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:09 am 

Well said, Laurajean!
In addition to what she said, I believe the devil really tries to incapacitate the church and/or works VERY hard to cause division, feelings of inadaquacy in our hearts, and whispers words of defeat to us on a regular basis.

Jenileigh, it's very clear to me that you and Tony have a calling for ministry on your life! (Having talked to you and heard your heart through the years. Know that I'm standing in the gap of prayer on your behalf, trusting that God will speak ever so clearly to your hearts, strengthening you both, confirming what He has called you to, wooing you closer and closer to His heart.

Some of my most treasured moments with the Father have been when I haven't felt like reaching out to Him, but made a choice to sit in His presence anyway, being still at His feet, until He spoke to me. Oftentimes, that means searching my heart and asking if there is any wrong way in me. If you aren't in a position to do that, I would encourage you to listen to some worship music and let that minister to your heart. Some of my lowest points in life, I have chosen to do this and God has shown up in a great and mighty way to minister to my heart.

Praying that you will find a place where you can listen to His heart...
to "be still...and KNOW in your knower that He IS God."
Love you, sweet friend!
clw