It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:22 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Would like to ask for prayers for my minister and his family
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:15 pm 

First, his mom is dying and may not make it past 48hrs, if that long. This is his first parent dying and even though he is a minister he is hurting and from talking with him doesn't know what to do or how to help his dad. His Dad was a pastor as well and since he has been retired has been at his wife's side constantly. She's been sick for at least a year and he refused to place her anywhere, saying he would take care of her even though his health was frail as well. This has been a tough year for my pastor. My church is very demanding and he is working 10-12 hour days as well as being on active reserve and going once a week to stay with his mom and dad for the day. That has been his only day off except for a week vacation that he took several months ago. In fact he just got back from serving his mandatory 2 week training and was training in the desert in California during that big heat wave we had. My minister is no spring chicken so it was quite demanding.

On top of all that his oldest son has his wisdom teeth cut out last Monday and now has an abcess so they have to take him to the dentist for that tomorrow during all this. Then their youngest son found out Fri that his favorite teacher will not be returning to school due to health issues and this morning found out that his art teacher died unexpectedly this morning. His youngest is in first grade and spent the first half of the service sitting on the front row crying. Even through all that he insisted on serving as an acolyte.

As you can see he really needs your prayers.

Post subject: Re: Would like to ask for prayers for my minister and his fa
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:36 pm 

Praying. The picture of the little altar boy is an especially poignant one.

May God give them all His peace through all of this.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:31 pm 

heartbreaking. Amen Anna.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:50 pm 

NCAlyce wrote:
First, his mom is dying and may not make it past 48hrs, if that long. This is his first parent dying and even though he is a minister he is hurting and from talking with him doesn't know what to do or how to help his dad. His Dad was a pastor as well and since he has been retired has been at his wife's side constantly. She's been sick for at least a year and he refused to place her anywhere, saying he would take care of her even though his health was frail as well. This has been a tough year for my pastor. My church is very demanding and he is working 10-12 hour days as well as being on active reserve and going once a week to stay with his mom and dad for the day. That has been his only day off except for a week vacation that he took several months ago. In fact he just got back from serving his mandatory 2 week training and was training in the desert in California during that big heat wave we had. My minister is no spring chicken so it was quite demanding.

On top of all that his oldest son has his wisdom teeth cut out last Monday and now has an abcess so they have to take him to the dentist for that tomorrow during all this. Then their youngest son found out Fri that his favorite teacher will not be returning to school due to health issues and this morning found out that his art teacher died unexpectedly this morning. His youngest is in first grade and spent the first half of the service sitting on the front row crying. Even through all that he insisted on serving as an acolyte.

As you can see he really needs your prayers.

Goodness. Praying.