It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:04 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Estranged Grandson
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:40 pm 

My estranged grandson, the son of my deceased son, is my friend on fb. Other than that I've had no contact with him for about 12 years! :cry:

Lately, on his fb, he's been posting a lot of things against Christianity. I hate it. I don't say much to him but am praying that someone will. I don't think he'd take much stock in anything I say. I hate his language, the sites he links, the tone he has.... and then, he'll post some cutesy or touching thing. He's almost 18. It's normal to go thru this stuff. But the intensity of what kids go thru today seems darker than when I was a kid.

"Everybody" says stuff like that but I never did feel it until the last 10-15 years or so. We're rolling downhill fast. So, I am asking for prayer for my grandson that his eyes may be opened.

Post subject: Re: Estranged Grandson
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:47 pm 

Sis, having kids around that age, I can tell you that it is prevalent. I had to block my ds on fb a couple years ago because of how intensely oppositional he came across. His language still is not to my liking at all, but it is getting better. He is still fighting a lot of things, but that too is getting less intense. He is 21, so I have hope that by 25 he will have mellowed even more. Sure hope so for his sake, his wife's, and all who are around him. He's either amazingly lovable or he is almost hostile. He told me tonight that he can feel that things are better inside him in this area, that he is getting past some of whatever was creating the extremes. I can see that sometimes, but I still see him cycling when he is stressed. Well, life is full of stress, so I keep praying he continues taking steps forward. Will lift your grandson up in prayer.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:50 pm 

Yes, I can agree with Pam that that is prevalent in kids that age. My brother went through it horribly. I will be praying for him Sis. I know it's hard on your heart.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:42 am 

Sis wrote:
My estranged grandson, the son of my deceased son, is my friend on fb. Other than that I've had no contact with him for about 12 years! :cry:

Lately, on his fb, he's been posting a lot of things against Christianity. I hate it. I don't say much to him but am praying that someone will. I don't think he'd take much stock in anything I say. I hate his language, the sites he links, the tone he has.... and then, he'll post some cutesy or touching thing. He's almost 18. It's normal to go thru this stuff. But the intensity of what kids go thru today seems darker than when I was a kid.

"Everybody" says stuff like that but I never did feel it until the last 10-15 years or so. We're rolling downhill fast. So, I am asking for prayer for my grandson that his eyes may be opened.

{{Sis}}}

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:57 pm 

Praying. Sadly, I've gone through this with my girls. My oldest actually told me she wasn't a Christian any longer 2 years ago, but she still quotes me scripture she learned through the years when she knows I'm struggling with my parent's situation or another life issue. Will be praying for your grandson.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:13 pm 

Sis, also he has suffered a tremendous loss recently in the death of his dad. I've seen some pretty horrendous behavior from my dd as she worked through her grief and anger.
Has your gds ever like Christianity?? Is this behaviour new and not like him?
If so, then he's probalby just lashing out (so it seems to me anyway).
I think he will mellow out in time but it may take a while before he comes to that point.
I'll be in prayer for him. The death of a parent at his age is a tough road to go down.