It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 10:10 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: I just wanted to update on Isaiah,
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:32 pm 

and also ask for continued prayer, he is in rehab now and has several more days to go with that depending on how he is doing he should be released within the next couple of weeks.

We really want to get him into the Shepherd's Center in Atlanta to the community re entry program please pray that God will work this out so we can do that.

I have updates for him on his caringbridge page, my daughter made for him, if anyone is interested.

I am really, really tired and some things are extremely overwhelming, our church is helping us a lot, but I really wish that he was not paralyzed I want him to be able to walk again, but he may really not because his diagnoses is a complete injury level a, at the T6 and T7.

I am scared for when he comes home because I don't want anything to happen to him, he's already had two bladder infections since being in rehab, and is sick today, he really needs to gain weight and that's hard to do when you have no appetite and when what you do eat comes back up, which results in him not wanting to eat for awhile.

He is on a lot of medications, and he is high risk if he gets even so much as a cold because his lower diaphram isn't as strong as someone who doesn't have a SCI. He has to do breathing exercises every day.

He'd been doing better up until today, today he's been in bed all day because he's really just been sick all day, which has led to the doctors deciding to put an IV in because of dehydration and so that they can give IV antibiotics depending on what the culture results are, right now they have him taking a antibiotic pill and something for nausea because he's been throwing up all day.

Our church is helping us to move but it may take a few more weeks to have the house they've found ready which is another reason it would be a blessing if we can get into the Shepherds Center in Atlanta, but the main reason isn't that it's because it will compliment the therapies he's had here so that he can be more independent. So if you all will please really pray this will work out.

I appreciate all of you who have been praying, I apologize that I am not over here visiting very much lately I really haven't taken the time, I'll try to soon though, but right now I'm going to bed so I can get up early in the morning and go back over to the hospital.

I hope you all are doing well, and that God is blessing and providing for all of you abundantly.

Post subject: Re: I just wanted to update on Isaiah,
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:35 pm 

(((Anna)))

can you give a link to his caringbridge page?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:21 am 

Praying

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:50 am 
Site Owner

(((Anna))) Praying that the Lord will answer all your needs.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:12 am 

I did a search and found the Caringbridge site
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/isaiahscruggs

and also this article with ways to help/contact AnnaB's family
http://m.shelbystar.com/news/local/comm ... ee-1.98066

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:17 am 

Thank you, anna

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:44 pm 

(((((AnnaB)))))
Thank you so much for taking the time to update us on your situation.
Please know that you, Isaiah, your family and all those administering care are in our prayers.
Praying especially that he gets to go to Shepherd's...that is the absolute best!

I can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens me. (Phil. 4:13)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:51 pm 

I'm new here so you won't recognize my username. I just wanted to say that I am sorry about your son's accident. I can't imagine how you are coping, other than with your strong faith. It's hard to understand why God allows these things to happen, especially to children. I read some of your caring bridge posts, so I know you are a woman of faith - praise the Lord for that.

I will keep Isaiah in prayer. I wish there was more I could do, but prayer is the best thing anyway, so I will pray.

I will pray for that mama who's losing her 2 year old as well. Oh, Lord why does life have to be so darn hard?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:19 pm 

Anna, thank you so much for the update. I have been away from the board and the computer in general a lot lately. So sorry you are going through such a tremendously tough time, again. We are praying.