It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:35 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: please keep praying for my next door neighbor
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:47 pm 

I just heard today that somehow he was denied for disabilty (this would be ss disability, I did not hear this from him or his wife, I heard this from another lady today.

And this is just plain ridiculous, because he can barely stand up, he falls down a lot, he can no longer drive, he is at the point he could literally die any day, and at best only has six months left to live (and thats a best case senario)

Please pray extra for his family and him for Gods abundant provision and grace as they go through this time, and for God's mercy.

Post subject: Re: please keep praying for my next door neighbor
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:28 pm 

Lord, I pray your provision over this family. I pray that there is a miraculous turn around concerning disability. I pray peace over this family. Bring people into their lives to help them
In Jesus name

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:12 pm 

AnnaB wrote:
I just heard today that somehow he was denied for disabilty (this would be ss disability, I did not hear this from him or his wife, I heard this from another lady today.

And this is just plain ridiculous, because he can barely stand up, he falls down a lot, he can no longer drive, he is at the point he could literally die any day, and at best only has six months left to live (and thats a best case senario)

Please pray extra for his family and him for Gods abundant provision and grace as they go through this time, and for God's mercy.

The SS denial is common, if not the norm (I have lots of experience with that) - he MUST appeal. An attorney wouldn't hurt (especially if he is to weak to do all the paperwork. Encourage him not to give up because of the denial.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:29 pm 

Anna1111 wrote:
AnnaB wrote:

The SS denial is common, if not the norm (I have lots of experience with that) - he MUST appeal. An attorney wouldn't hurt (especially if he is to weak to do all the paperwork. Encourage him not to give up because of the denial.

I know it's common, but they can approve people sooner on an emergency bases is what is needed for both him and his wife, and I know someone who told me that they were approved the first time they applied (that person told whoever was doing the interviewing or whatever that they had multiple personalities)

This family is doing everything the right way, and really do need the disability, and are being denied, please pray that something will work out so that they will have enough income to provide for their family (there church is helping them, but they need their own income because that is easier imo than when you have to rely on someone else even if it is your church) and it makes no sense whatsoever to me, especially since he most likely will not live through the appeals process.

Then with his wifes condition whats going to happen to her, and the kids, because she's not physically able to work outside the home, (passing out a lot because of a heart condition, is not going to help anyone gain employment especially in a basically non existant job market.

Anyway, do please continue to keep them in prayer, and pray especially about the posibility of him going to visit his mom, she lives in Indiana and is too ill to come here, he is really wanting to go there but his health is so bad it is doubtful it will be safe or realistic for him to be able to travel. His sons told mine that he was really wanting to go visit his mom. So please pray that God will work all of that out somehow.