It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:07 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Pray for vehicles
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:11 pm 

My dh's work truck blew an engine over a year ago and we haven't had the $3K to replace it, so he began driving my truck to work. My truck has been having an issue with the 8 fuel injectors and they are all needing to be replaced. That repair will cost approximately $3500. We have tried saving the money up multiple times, and everytime we get close something major happens and we have had to reappropriate the money.

DH is having a hard time with all this. His blood pressure has gone up quite a bit and he hurt his knee really bad when we were moving my parent's things out of their house. He's discouraged because we don't have health insurance and he can't get his knee looked at. My parent's homeowner's insurance would pay for his knee, but we can't find any doctor that will take it since it's considered "3rd party insurance". I have him on herbs to help his blood pressure right now, and that's helping, when he remembers to take them.

I know God has solutions for us in all this, it's just my dh is having such a hard time with all that we are faced with. It truly breaks my heart that he works so hard just to make day to day ends meet, and the rug continues to get pulled from underneath him on a regular basis.

Post subject: Re: Pray for vehicles
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:32 am 

Will be praying for your dh. I am so sorry to hear of the vehicle issues. We've just dealt with that. Couldnt afford to fix my van ('98 caravan) so we sold it for scrap. One of our tenants bought a bigger used truck and he sold us his old truck on payments. So now we have two 2003 vehicles, both economical on gas.

"...with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:25 am 

OH, so sorry you're going thru all that! Will pray for you.

I've bought *great* used vehicles for well under 1k before, it can be done - if you don't mind driving a car that isn't pretty. It can be a much better option than fixing a broken "pretty" vehicle.

Also, McDougall diet has fixed many people's blood pressure problems without much medical intervention - you might want to check that out for a cheap fix that really fixes the problem instead of just medicating it. Often the participants see major improvements in days.

http://www.drmcdougall.com/med_hypertension.html

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:34 pm 

THx, Anna. Yes, I have encouraged him to use the McDougall plan, but he hasn't done it so far. Sometimes the worst people to work with regarding natural health approaches is family. Hopefully, he will read the rest of the information I shared with him about high blood pressure, from a neutral source and get the idea.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:42 pm 

I completely understand if he can't or doesn't want to do it - my dear Mom was the same way, and she really tried. Just wanted to make sure you had heard about it, in case that was a good option for y'all.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:13 am 

Thanks, Anna. You were VERY sweet to share it with me.

I emailed him a link. Perhaps since it's from an outside source it will prove beneficial to him following through.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:20 am 

I'm really sympathizing with you on the car thing. We have one in for major repairs right now, too - engine & radiator. I'm grounded - since DH has my car to go to work.

I would be really upset dealing with two cars down, and not sure how to get them fixed!

My Mom drove a car for years that she bought for $250 (not so many years ago that that was a lot more money than it is now). Funny thing is, when my car broke down, I could always borrow hers - that thing just went and went! Eventually it became my car when mine was too expensive to fix & she upgraded. I loved that car!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:10 pm 

Anna,
Funny thing, the truck that blew the engine. I prayed every day for 3 months and trusted God to provide a truck for my hubby that we wouldn't have a car payment on, since his previous truck had over 462K miles on it (Nissan) and was about to blow it's 2nd engine. God miraculously provided this truck, a 2005 Nissan Frontier, for FREE! We found out later this particular make/model of a truck has issues with catalytic converters that ruins the engine AFTER we paid $1200 to fix it.

Oh well, this is just another instance of trusting God again.
I don't have a problem being without a vehicle, but I help my husband run our business and am also trying to rebuild my business after having taken this last year off. I have an opportunity to work at the office of another naturopath 2-3 afternoons a week, and the extra income would sure come in handy. God knows...He cares, and it's time to cast my concerns on His shoulders, so He can figure out what to do in this situation. " ) Father knows best!!! ;)

I'm sorry you're grounded...btdt...waiting nearly 6 months before we found my vehicle several years back.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:28 pm 

http://www.autobuyguide.com/2005/12-aut ... index.html

Don't suppose any of the recalls here would apply to you & get you a free repair? None of them sound quite like what you mention, but might be worth checking out.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:22 pm 

I will definately send up some prayers for you all. Vehicle problems can be so stressfull. We had an oil leak when we first moved here and DH couldn't fix it himself, so he took it in, he fixe it for $30. Well, it started leaking agian and so we took it back in again and he said it was from a different place, so he fixed it and charged $25. Well, it's leaking AGAIN!! DH took it in yesterday and the garage is closed down!! He stopped at 2 other garages and aske about them fixing it and they won't because it's a diesel and they won't work on them. The nearest place is an hour away. So, we are going to pray over it and keep it full of oil and just pray that we make it back to NM and then we will try to get it fixed. It's our only vehicle, so we NEED it!! Or so we think...LOL