It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:26 pm

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Please continue to pray for my next door neighbors
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:34 pm 

They got the results back from the biopsy, and that was inconclusive, the cancer is everywhere basically and the drs are not sure what kind it is.
The cancer treatment center in Atlanta said his case is too advanced for them to treat, also he can no longer travel at all.
Both him and his wife were admitted to the hospital today, she has as very serious heart condition, and he is basically dying with cancer of unknown origin.
Unless God intervenes he may very well die very soon.
Please pray extra for their kids as this will be very hard for them.

His wife told me the other day that when she was talking to her kids to let them know what was going on with their dad, that she asked them these questions

"if God heals daddy, is God good?" They all agreed that yes God was good if he healed their dad.
Then she asked them "If God does not heal daddy is God still good?" she said to this question only two of them agreed God was still good if he did not heal their daddy and he died.

She said she wanted to get all of them to the point that they understood that no matter what happens God is still good and God is still in control, and basically that God is still God even when he doesn't bring healing.

They have 7 children, ages 4-16, they'd been preparing her children in the advent she might die because of her heart, but now it looks like God may very well take him first,

This is a very sweet, and godly family, please pray for them and their church, as their church family is really helping them a lot, because their family is not close by.

There are several different people taking up collections for them, please pray that God provides abundantly for them in all areas, and that those who are collecting money for them will be able to collect enough to be of a help to them.

Right now from here it looks like they may very well be planning a funeral very soon, I hope not, but the odds are more in favor of that than healing at this point, the cancer was not caught soon enough basically. So unless God decides to heal him he may not make it even till Thanksgiving.

So if you all will please really pray for this family. And especially for the wife that she does not die too, I think it would be overwhelming to her children to lose both of them at once, it would be wonderful if God would just heal both of them, but I know God doesn't always do what we want him to do, so just pray for strength, wisdom, grace and God's abundant provision for this family.

Post subject: Re: Please continue to pray for my next door neighbors
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:17 pm 

Praying for them all. Words are simply inadequate.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:47 pm 

Pam in Colorado wrote:
Praying for them all. Words are simply inadequate.

Thank you, and please pray they can get a doctor to treat them somehow, one of their sons just told mine that their parents are on their way home from the hospital, I have no idea why the hospital is now sending them home, it's just horrible, please pray that somehow the cancer diagnoses is wrong, that a doctor will be found that can treat them, and that they can somehow get to a hospital out of this area, because this one here is just not making any sense, they sent him home earlier this week to after giving him iv fluids and pain medicines, and now they are apparently sending him home again,

I don't even know how best to help them, there are people from their church helping them with their kids and with meals (they have a lot of different food allergies so they can't eat just anything) and they've had lots of people in and out, but really they need God to just bring healing. Healing would be best imo. And they need a doctor who will treat inconclusive all over the body cancer, he has it in his brain, most of his organs, his lymph nodes and his bones, they had thought it was lymphomia but they said the biopsy did not confirm that which is why the cancer treatment center is not going to see him, they think his cancer is too advanced.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:15 am 

What an overwhelming set of circumstances for this precious family to have to go through.
I will keep them in my prayers. May God break through the hearts of the staff at this hospital and give them compassion and understanding to reach out this couple in their desperate hour of need.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:12 am 

There is a CaringBridge page for this family now, if you'd like to read any updates, if was posted on facebook, this morning so I'll go ahead and share it here to, this is a very, very, sweet family.
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/michaelcoffey
Please pray that God provides for all of their needs, and if God will that he brings healing to both of them.