It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:53 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Re: please keep my dd in prayer
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:37 pm 

Tory wrote:
Anna, consider that she may be hurting. She lost a brother when he was about her age.
I know it's no excuse for bad behaviour, but it is something to consider that she may be struggling with it.
My dc have all gone through stages of their grief. My ds is going through another stage right now, in fact.
They (our dc) dont' want to discuss it with us because they think it'll make us sad or upset. Sometimes WE have to be the ones to bring it up in a quiet moment... when they will feel like sharing.

That's true her brother was almost exactly the same age she is now within just a few days or so,
It is practically impossible for us to talk too much about his death because my older kids and my dh are still very upset because the DA here continues to delay going to trial for no good reason that we can tell, it is a very touchy subject.

I'm also not the best one to bring certain subjects up, especially since this topic is brought up to me often by my mother, she blames me or my dh with his death, she doesn't say it directly so much now, but she makes me think that I should have been able to either prevent his death or make the DA bring this to trial faster, depending on her mood, she can say some very hurtful things.

Then both of my siblings, and lots of my extended relatives will have absolutely nothing to do with us because of my sons death, and because of the trouble my second oldes was involved in a couple of years ago, all of them seem to think I can do things I can't, or blame me with things I have no control over, or want me to be divorced or to put my kids in public school etc,

And it does get wearying at times because I have no one I can really talk to much about his death who won't in turn hurt me severly emotionally.

She is having more good days now than she had been, when we were going to the other church she had so many bad days I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown I think.

Now her bad days come mostly when she is extremely overtired, or when she's having contact with anyone from that church, I can always tell when she's been talking to them because her behaviour gets to be horrible and it is very stressful.

I will be glad when she has passed this year truthfully, I held my breath when her older brother was this age, because I was afraid he would not make it to see 19 but he's 22 now, I still worry about him, but this year I think is the hardest because it's the same age that Jonathan was when he was killed.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:42 pm 

Pam in Colorado wrote:
I'm pretty certain she will sleep when she really needs it most. Many kids her age are not sleeping enough on a regular basis. It does not make them the most pleasant to be around at times because tired people tend to be crankier. I've been there, done that. ;)

I'm glad she is focused on a goal and willing to work towards it.

I agree she will sleep when she needs it, last night she was up till almost 1 am and wanted me to wake her up at six so she could start studying again.

We didn't wake her up, as she really needed the sleep, and she just woke up a while ago, and she is in a lot better mood, a lot calmer, she has started right back studying though,

I'm glad she's focused on what she wants and that it's a positive want instead of some crazy idea, lol.

Anyway, I think she'll be alright eventually if she'll just not give in to her temper. She's most likely to get hurt or do something she shouldnt when she flies into a temper. But I suppose thats true of anyone really.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:36 pm 

AnnaB wrote:
She left out walking a good while ago now angry at me and at the world,

She does not have a cellphone with her, and i have no idea where she may have gone, it is dark and rainy now,

Also it is pointless for me to call the police to file a missing persons report because they will not come out at all or even take a report because she is eighteen, (I know this for a fact because of when my oldest son was missing and was later found dead, by my husband, and he wasn't out walking because he was mad, he was just impatient because he got finished working sooner than expected so he walked home because it was still daylight, and he'd walked that route before, but that day a drunk driver came down the road too)

Two of my sons have already went looking for her and could not find her, it is not safe for her to be out in the dark in the rain on these roads as there are no side walks at all.

Just pray that God keeps her safe and that she comes back before too long, it is really raining hard, I have nightblindness so it is pointless for me to go out looking for her,

I am emotionally drained at the moment,

*she is mad because I can't buy her a car right now, I can't send her to any univercity (I told her that she would most likely need to go two years at the community college and then transfer, because it would be less expensive and more doable)
She is mad about a lot of things I really can not do one thing about at the moment I really can't.

Anyway, just pray for her to be safe. and to come back before longer.

Praying.