It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:41 am

HSC AffiliatesClick here for our affiliate link to Christianbook.comDonate to HSC

Post subject: Genealogy of Christ
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:10 pm 

http://www.adamandevefamilytree.com/guidepost-article/

My Mom had one of these charts, and I inherited it - it is one of my prized possessions. I reference it regularly, and have since I was a small child. I just *finally* found that they're still being published - after years of searching. (well-worth the purchase price!) I found this touching story of how they came to be.

In all the years I've used this chart - I've never found a single mistake : )

Check it out (and, if you have an interest, order one - they're GREAT to have!

Post subject: Re: Genealogy of Christ
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:23 pm 

Where do you find them?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:45 pm 

Sorry!

Here's the link to their store : )

http://www.adamandevefamilytree.com/store/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:46 am 

Anna,

I also have one of those charts. It is stapled to the inside of one of the doors in my house. Every time I open the door, I see it. I also refer to it often.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:38 pm 

Thanks! I'd like to get one. I have a homemade chart of how long each person in the Genesis account lived correlated to others. So, When Adam was 130 he had Seth. Seth starts at the 130 year mark. Adam's "line" goes for 930 years and Seth's goes from the 130 year mark to 1040.

This way you can tell who was alive at the same time and I find that VERY INTERESTING! 8-)

The fact that Adam lived long enough to have known Methuselah (for 100's of years!) makes you think a bit differently; at least it does me!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:28 pm 

Sis wrote:
Thanks! I'd like to get one. I have a homemade chart of how long each person in the Genesis account lived correlated to others. So, When Adam was 130 he had Seth. Seth starts at the 130 year mark. Adam's "line" goes for 930 years and Seth's goes from the 130 year mark to 1040.

My husband and I both enjoy genealogy. Several years ago, we made one of those too. A couple of months ago, I tried to find it and had NO idea where it was, so I made another one. I find it very interesting to see who was alive at the same time.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:39 pm 

DeeLynn wrote:
Sis wrote:

My husband and I both enjoy genealogy. Several years ago, we made one of those too. A couple of months ago, I tried to find it and had NO idea where it was, so I made another one. I find it very interesting to see who was alive at the same time.

I'm so glad I still have the one I made cuz I don't think I'd have what it takes to make it again! LOL We were talking about those that didn't have "the law" in church last night and I bro't up the fact that Adam and Even walked with God and talked with God. Sure it's supposition but don't you think it's plausible that they learned directly from the Creator what His will was? What pleased Him? What His "laws" were? And wouldn't they teach that to their children and grandchildren? Adam was still alive to talk with Noah's grandfather!